Whale Watching in Australia and New Zealand Waters
Whale Watching in Australian and New Zealand Waters - Peter Gill & Cecilia Burke
Whale watching is fast becoming a passion in Australia and New Zealand, both home to numerous species of whales and dolphins. With whale watching operators springing up everywhere, viewing these magnificent animals in their natural habitat is now much easier.This revised edition of Whale Watching in Australian and New Zealand Waters, contains totally up-to-date information and will remain the definitive guide for all adventurous holiday makers, amateur naturalists and students who want to take a closer and well-informed look at these fascinating mammals.
This easy-to-follow book covers all you will need to know about:
- the ecology and behaviour of whales and dolphins
- whaling history, conservation and research
- identification notes, how to tell the different species apart, detailed colour illustrations and locator maps are provided for each species
- where the best places to see whales around Australia and New Zealand are.
- where to contact whalewatching operators around Australia and New Zealand.
Paperback, colour illustrations and photographs, 160 pages, 150 x 210mm - new edition published 2004 - ISBN: 1877069035