The Simple Guide to Commercial Diving
© 2004 - Steven M. Barsky and Bob Christensen
The Simple Guide to Commercial Diving is the book for anyone who is considering a career in commercial diving. It's a no-nonsense exploration of the fascinating world of the professional diver, that tells the straight facts, both good and bad, about what you can expect in this challenging field.
The book covers all aspects of the job starting with your initial training all the way through what?s required to move up to a supervisory position. It?s an ideal guide for anyone who is considering becoming a commercial diver and a great text for divers enrolled in commercial diver training.
Some of the topics covered in this book include the following:
- How to select a commercial diving school
- What skills you will need as a commercial diver
- How to get a job as a diving apprentice or 'tender'
- Working as a tender
- Working as a diver
- Personal tools you will need for diving and tending
- How to work with tools underwater
- Rigging for the diver
- Becoming a diving supervisor
Paperback - 176 pages - over 160 photographs and illustrations - ISBN 0-9674305-4-2