Fish Face - Portraits by David Doubilet
By David DoubiletA vibrant collection of fish portraits by a master underwater photographer.
The magical world of the oceans is one of the last great largely unexplored places on earth. Teeming with diverse forms of life, some of the ocean's wonders more familiar to us than others and all peculiar in their own way, Fish Face takes us closer than one would imagine possible. Featuring full-page, close-up portraits of the faces of fish, this book takes us from the beautiful to the ugly, and from the spiky to the rotund, in a majestic exploration of the vast variety of underwater species, all without fail both amusing and astounding.
This book celebrates the work of David Doubilet, widely acclaimed as the world's leading underwater photographer, who has been photographing fish for over 25 years: Fish Face shows us the most colourful, humorous and bizarre fish he has encountered.
Of particular interest to naturalists and photographers alike, this extraordinary collection of photographs will further appeal to anyone who has ever reflected on the otherworldly fish that inhabit the mysterious world of the oceans, as well as any individual with an eye for an out-of-the-ordinary aesthetic.
- A vibrant collection of 200 fish portraits captured by master underwater photographer, David Doubilet
- Features full-page colour pictures of an astounding variety of fish species, from the beautiful to the ugly, from the spiky to the rotund
- Will appeal to photography lovers, naturalists, National Geographic readers, divers and anyone interested in marine life
- Compact format at an affordable price, available in paperback for the first time
- Beautiful, colourful, humorous and bizarre fish, crustaceans and turtles that Doubilet has encountered in his 30-year career as an underwater photographer
Soft cover: size - 185mm x 123mm. 408 pages, ISBN-13: 9780714847573, ISBN-10: 0714847577. Published by Phaidon.