Shark Shield Surf7
Shark Shield™ Surf 7
Surfing, SUP and Kayak Fishing
Used by professionals and navies the world over, the SURF7 is a safety device providing peace of mind to enjoy your surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and kayak fishing while supporting the conservation of sharks.
AN OCEAN OF RESPECT
There’s a sea of difference between fear and respect. Sharks: what’s not to fear? These awesome predators own the waters; as much as love it out there, we’re just visiting. But should they keep you out of the water? Shark Shield gives you the freedom to ride the waves and find out.
The Shark Shield SURF7 is the world’s only scientifically proven and independently tested electronic shark deterrent system available on the market today. It’s the Shark Shield of choice of the US and Australian Navies and trusted by thousands of ocean loving professionals the world over.
What if you could save your energy for fearlessly dropping into the perfect wave, paddling your SUP board out over the crystal blue waters or reeling in the biggest catch of the day onto your kayak? With the Shark Shield SURF7 you can keep the respect and lose the fear.
- Shark Shield is mandated in industries such as Abalone Diving, and used by the US & Australian Navies
- Designed to reduce the risk of an unwanted shark encounter while surfing or kayaking
- Long life 7 hour rechargeable lithium battery (over 300 charge cycles)
- Lightweight with specially designed low drag antenna for surfing and paddle boards
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - if your dont feel more confident in the water with Shark Shield
- Battery pack life Nominal 300 charges
- Storage Temperature Between 0C – 60C (32F – 140F)
- Operating Temperature Between 12C – 40C (53.6F – 104F) Lower temperatures will reduce the operating time
- Dimensions of Main Unit (without Antenna) 80mm L x 140mm W x 35mm H (3.15” x 5.51” x 1.5”)
- Maximum Operating Depth 50 meters (164 feet)
- Weight (unit only) 335 grams (11.8 oz)
- Dry Weight (Complete) 950 grams (2.09lb)
- Unit Operating Time 6-7 hours (temperature dependent)
- In water weight (Complete) 69 grams (2.4oz)
- Protective Field Strength >1v/m @ 1m from centre of electrodes
WARNING: We encourage people to wear Shark Shield when working in or enjoying the sea to minimize the risk of shark attack but sharks can be dangerous and often unpredictable creatures. While extensive testing has been done and great care taken to develop and manufacture the Shark Shield range of products, it is impossible to guarantee that all sharks will be deterred under all circumstances. Water based activities in the presence of sharks is inherently dangerous and is not recommended therefore we recommend that if a shark is sighted that the user leaves the water.
A large pulsing current is emitted from the Shark Shield antenna to produce the protective electric field. When unintentionally coming near or in contact with the antenna it is possible that muscle spasms can occur to various degrees and therefore the user may need to make adjustments to limit contact (for more information refer to FAQ's "will I get an electric shock"). In addition anyone with a pacemaker, are pregnant, or has a health condition that could be effected by the electric field should not use the device. Such health conditions include heart disease, a history of heart problems, peripheral vascular decease, stroke, a history of fainting or epilepsy, or lung disease.