Shark Shield Scuba7
Shark Shield™ Scuba 7
Military, Scientific & Sports Divers
Trusted by thousands of professionals around the world the SCUBA7 is a must have piece of safety equipment. It is comfortable and lightweight, stored in a neoprene pouch that easily attaches to your ankle, with the low drag antenna trailing behind providing complete freedom to enjoy your scuba diving, sports diving or technical diving.
The WISDOM of the deep
How deep is your happiness? Leave your fear on shore and find out: just the wild blue ocean and you … and your powerful Shark Shield SCUBA7 to keep the predators at bay! You’re not the kind to let fear limit the possibility of incredible adventures.
With over twenty years of world-class research and independent testing, including the Kwa-Zulu Natal Shark Board in South Africa, the SCUBA7 is scientifically proven to reduce the risk of an unwanted shark encounter. This is the only electronic shark deterrent system that offers you the peace of mind you need and desire while enjoying your scuba, sports or technical diving.
Once you’ve tried it you’ll know why it’s become the safety device chosen by professional divers in the US and Australian Navies and has become mandated equipment in the Australian Professional Abalone Diving Industry. The experts have made their choice. Why not do the same?
- Mandated safety equipment in industries such as Abalone Diving, used by the US & Australian Navies
- Designed to reduce the risk of an unwanted shark encounter
- Long life 7 hour rechargeable lithium battery (over 300 charge cycles)
- Lightweight with specially designed low drag antenna for surfing and paddle boards
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - if your don’t feel more confident in the water with Shark Shield
- Battery pack life Nominal 300 charges
- Storage Temperature Between 0C – 60C (32F – 140F)
- Operating Temperature Between 12C – 40C (53.6F – 104F) Lower temperatures will reduce the operating time
- Dimensions of Main Unit (without Antenna) 80mm L x 140mm W x 35mm H (3.15” x 5.51” x 1.5”)
- Maximum Operating Depth 50 meters (164 feet)
- Weight (unit only) 335 grams (11.8 oz)
- Dry Weight (Complete) 950 grams (2.09lb)
- Unit Operating Time 6-7 hours (temperature dependent)
- In water weight (Complete) 69 grams (2.4oz)
- Protective Field Strength >1v/m @ 1m from centre of electrodes
WARNING: We encourage people to wear Shark Shield when working in or enjoying the sea to minimize the risk of shark attack but sharks can be dangerous and often unpredictable creatures. While extensive testing has been done and great care taken to develop and manufacture the Shark Shield range of products, it is impossible to guarantee that all sharks will be deterred under all circumstances. Water based activities in the presence of sharks is inherently dangerous and is not recommended therefore we recommend that if a shark is sighted that the user leaves the water.
A large pulsing current is emitted from the Shark Shield antenna to produce the protective electric field. When unintentionally coming near or in contact with the antenna it is possible that muscle spasms can occur to various degrees and therefore the user may need to make adjustments to limit contact (for more information refer to FAQ's "will I get an electric shock"). In addition anyone with a pacemaker, are pregnant, or has a health condition that could be effected by the electric field should not use the device. Such health conditions include heart disease, a history of heart problems, peripheral vascular decease, stroke, a history of fainting or epilepsy, or lung disease.